Access2Arts is a disability-led arts development agency. As the peak body for arts and disability in South Australia, we have been working to identify pathways for Deaf and disabled people to meaningfully contribute to South Australian artistic, cultural and social life since 2009.
We believe everyone has an equal right to access arts and culture, but many Deaf and disabled people face barriers to that access. We address those barriers by:
- Building capacity in Deaf and disabled people who want to be involved in the arts at any level (including audiences, participants, artists, arts workers, leaders and board members).
- Building capacity of the broader arts sector to become more inclusive and accessible.
Access2Arts is recognised locally, nationally and internationally as experts in access and inclusion and as thought leaders in the field of arts and disability. We want to see a future where Deaf and disabled people thrive within an inclusive arts ecology. We will achieve this through:
- Breaking down barriers for Deaf and disabled people.
- Celebrating the unique perspectives, stories and aesthetics of Deaf and disabled artists.
- Demonstrating the value of telling authentic stories through art – including art that can challenge, reveal and reflect disability as a rich and intrinsic part of the human experience.
Access2Arts is a not-for-profit, incorporated association governed by a volunteer Board (of at least 51% Deaf or disabled members). Using the Social Model of Disability, we work with Deaf and disabled people across all impairment groups.
Little Lunch Online (LLOL) is a daily online meet up and creative exchange to support the Australian arts sector during the Corona Virus pandemic.